Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pelajari Teknik untuk Melebarkan Blog Anda | How Do I Widen My Blog?

If you are using Blogger (blogspot)

You can  do the following to widen out your blog a bit. I am not sure
what the limitations are, but your best bet is to assume that everyone
will be looking at your blog using 1024x768 resolution. This matters
because if you widen it out too far, it will not appear correctly on
people's computers who are running lower resolutions. Its  a pretty
safe bet anymore that most people are at 1024x768.  Keep in mind that
the numbers I am going to give you are what I use for my blog. There
is still some smaller empty space on either side, but its not nearly
as much as it was.

Also, the changes I made, were to the blogger template called  "Dark
Minima"  IF you are using a different template, then the sections of
code that need to have their numbers tweaked may be different.

Go into your template tab, then choose "edit HTML". This will open a
up a window where you can manually edit your HTML.

Scroll down until you see:

/* Header
-----------------------------------------------
 */

#header-wrapper {
  width:800px;
  margin:0 auto 10px;
  border:1px solid $bordercolor;

------------------------------------------------
Change the width to 800, just as I have here.

Then continue down until you see:

/* Outer-Wrapper
----------------------------------------------- */
#outer-wrapper {
  width: 800px;
  margin:0 auto;
  padding:10px;
  text-align:$startSide;
  font: $bodyfont;
  }

#main-wrapper {
  width: 510px;
  float: $startSide;
  word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float
in IE */
  overflow: hidden;     /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE
sidebar float */
  }

#sidebar-wrapper {
  width: 250px;
  float: $endSide;
  word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float
in IE */
  overflow: hidden;     /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE
sidebar float */

}
-------------------------------------------------
Again, change the width in each of the three elements to the numbers I
have above.
800, 510, and 250
Changing the values I have shown you above should give you the desired
effect.  You can change it to be wider of course, but you will also
have to adjust your side bar, and your main wrapper values as well. If
you make your side bar width too wide, it will push the side bar all
the way down so that it starts at the bottom of the main column of
your blog, and you wont want that.

Hope that helps.

wynnyelle wrote:
> There's a lot of wasted space on either side of my blog and all my
> blog stuff is jammed in the middle. How do I widen it? I've looked for
> an option to do this or a place in the HTML where I could change the
> width but I ican't find anything.

Dipetik daripada:
Blogger Help Group
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-customizing/msg/c0b341db34f21ded?pli=1

No comments:

Post a Comment